Friday, October 31, 2008

Hold on now Youngster

I'm not sure what's sadder. The fact that I'm hanging out alone with a Los Campesinos EP on Halloween, a night where ordinary teenagers are up to all sorts of no good, or the fact that I willingly chose that over going Trick-or-Treating/mischievous antics with my friends tonight. In any regard, spending time alone is really nice. I haven't been doing much of that lately. It's always people, activities, family stuff, and all sorts of other life consuming things that involve me having little time just to myself. It's strangely religious feeling, just to close my eyes, and have wild bass lines, frantic, mildly distorted guitars, and odd indie punk-ish lyrics all around me.
Heh... Well, to be completely honest, I'm not entirely alone. I do have my trusty cross-continental IMing friend, a strange girl, to be blunt, but a good friend. I sometimes have trouble believing how close the two have us have become without ever meeting face to face... But, only time will tell what will happen there.
Lets see... Today a friend of mine kinda got me into role playing a little bit. That is some weird shit. Well, it's not just the idea of doing everything through/pretending to be your character, but how the people who actually do regularly partake in it. Most of them are just odd, lonely outcasts, not unlike myself. They (mostly) have really bizarre, yet fascinating ideas about things, all though they often don't have the best words to describe things with.
I wish that tonight would hurry up and finish. I have a date tomorrow with Vanessa, but as for tonight, the two of us are apart, just wishing we weren't. Hold on... I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Vanessa and I don't actually live in the same town. We live in neighboring towns, about a 10 minute drive apart. The thing is though, when neither of us can drive, 10 minutes suddenly becomes a much larger distance. Pfff... Oh well. It's not too long now, before we actually can.
Jeez. Only as listening to the album drawing to a close do I realize how long I've taken to write just this short entry. Maybe I should draw it to a close before too long. I would greatly appreciate it if my brain could come up with any amazing, poetic inspirational words to make up for that much teenage angst, but that's pretty wishful thinking. Walking like giant cranes, with my X-ray eyes I strip you naked in... something. That was a line from "A Wolf at the Door" by Radiohead, the last track on the album "Hail to the Thief".
G'night, have a stellar Halloween, and don't aggravate the pumpkin king.



*Edit* I'm writing this the morning after Halloween, and it turns out, it was great. Not to long after I finished the post, I got a phone call from Vanessa, asking me if I wanted to hang out with her and her friends that night. Obviously, I said yes, and the night was a blast! It was so fun just to lose my inhibitions, and just let loose... Be a teenager, once in a while.
In any regard though, I suppose my whining was all to waste, but hey, it's all part of life, right?

Happy November 1st, sleep in, and wish me luck for the dance tonight. If anything memorable happens, I'll write about it on Sunday (or Monday, maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment