Thursday, November 6, 2008

Neon Bible

Is daydreaming a sin?... Food for thought I suppose, but it's just one of those things that my mind insists upon wandering to while being subjected to such drivel. I'm trapped in a computer lab with the same class thatG my little brother is in (papercointastical.blogspot.com). Anyways, my apologies for the false promise of an entry on Sunday. Simply put, one thing led to another, and I never got around to doing it. Suffice it to say though, the dance, though it was a crappy school dance, complete with annoying lights, mediocre smoke effects, an awful soundtrack, and the watchful eyes (yet again) of teachers, it still managed to make it's self enjoyable... No small part to Vanessa, yet again.
I don't want to cut this entry short, but I really don't have much to say... No, wait, I lied, I do have one interesting topic I want to get in on. Lately I've been finding myself automatically pondering what/how my actions affect the mindsets of other people. Not their emotions directly, but more their... conscience thinking, and simple (or, rather, not so simple) trains of thought. It's fascinating to try to piece together the psyche of an individual. Anyone from my grouchy, but good-natured finance teacher, to the girl reading this over my shoulder.
Gah... These terrible book reports are driving me mad! Okay, I'm going to go drown this annoyance in "The Arcade Fire's" album "Neon Bible". It's all about the desecration of things that were once holy (love, religion, individualism, sex, and peace) that's meanings have all been twisted by capitalism, and corporations. Well, even with the awesome message, it's still amazing to listen to... Hell, Win Butler could be reading the phone book, and it'd still be way better than most of the stuff I listen to. If you want a good listen, check this album out. It's worth any sum of money, trust me.
Remember, if worse comes to worse, follow your heart, and trust your head. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment