Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lazy Sunday

*Yawn* It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. Instant messaging with my mother, looking at the last handful of leaves left alive on the lonely treetops. In an odd manner of thinking, it's a little tragic, the way that they futilely cling on to the treetops, only to be swept away at some point. Ugh... Lets not get going too far down this thought path, for risk of going into the whole "questioning mortality" cycle, and then that just get's everything going around in circles...
Anyways, several days ago, I had a conversation with a dear friend (who may or may not be reading this post), which wound up revolving around the idea of... The maturity in a relationship, and how that will grow with me, and the various responsibilities of not letting that maturity come ahead of me. It just made me think about how, she was right, in saying that I need to be careful, not only with myself, but about how what I do could easily change the life of another person. This might be kind of a roundabout way of saying it, but we're all in this together. Some kind of magical chorus of all of our souls, entwined.
Well, before I go, I leave you all with this: The pain of making a mistake is nothing compared to the pain of a mistake you wish you had made.

P.S. Anyone looking for good music, check out Radiohead's 5th album, Hail to the Thief.

No comments:

Post a Comment