Monday, July 13, 2009

All of a Sudden, I Miss Everyone

So... It's happened a third time. That game has sunk it's claws into me again, and once again I find myself not only not fighting back, but accepting it's pull. Ladies and gentlemen, I speak of nothing more than the Korean MMORPG of Maplestory.

Twice before I've played this game, and leveled characters to the low twenties, but somehow life always manages to divert me from the game after I log around a day worth of playtime... but, it's summer, and I don't have a lot going on in my life... with nothing to distract me, I don't know how long this will go on for, and the longer it goes on for, the more attached I get to my avatar, and the harder it is to cut the ties.

Anyways, the other item on my writing agenda besides my latest addiction is a simple concept most of us hardly think about: Texting. Yes, it's convinient, yes, it's novel and sometimes... yes, it is very practical to be able to connect with your loved ones without really disrupting them, or yourself. It leaves me with just one question though: What happens to isolation? For one to be truly alone requires that communication be cut for either the sender or recipiant, but what if that communication is always there? On some level, is this an end to helplessness and desolation, and is that really a good thing? Just food for thought I suppose. I'm not exactly certain of what my thoughts on the matter are. Contemplate it, I suppose.

Well, I need to return to life now... maybe get some breakfast.
Never give up- every problem has a solution, but sometimes rules need to be broken.

1 comment:

  1. There is a reason most electronic devices have an off button, and a wise person understands the necessisty of solitude, of time for uninterrupted quiet reflection. Wholeness & happiness, contentment comes from knowing just who you are, learning to like that person...& there is only one good way to get to know someone-spend time with him or her.

    ReplyDelete