Monday, June 8, 2009

Comfort Eagle

Good afternoon, internet. In case any of you still check up on this, or are still following it, this blog is not dead. Not yet anyways. Suffice it to say, I've just been in somewhat of a creative slump, and I haven't had much drive to do anything for the last month or so, but I think I'm better now. Anyways, now that I'm armed with new found lessons, stories and ideas, my goal is to do a super-long post to make up for my absence. The one thing that I want to mention about this post before I begin though is that it's going to be written in a letter format to a friend, whose name I won't disclose. She'll have been sent a link to this, and it'll make up for my hotmail being out of commission.
Hey you
Yeah, I know it's been a while, and as you can see, I'm not replying in a conventional fashion, but I'm way overdue for a blog post, and the way I see it, this is killing two birds with one stone. Anyways, yeah... life has been crazy lately. Going to Portland was an amazing trip. It's really a very pretty city, and because of all of the rainfall, and the temperate environment next to the ocean there's a lot of plant life, which give the city a very nice organic, but still modern feel to it. On that note, however, I want to say something about how ridiculous Americans can be. I honestly got asked why I didn't speak in a Canadian dialect, or if it was snowing at home. Honestly, what is this about? Why do people refuse to educate themselves? Maybe I'm just being a bit impulsive here, but I'm kinda bothered by this. Why on Earth would somebody make ludicrous statements like that with no evidence whatsoever to back it up? People are silly, and I'll leave it at that. I'm pretty sure most will agree with me about this... but if they agree, then why would they do it? But, I'm getting away from what I really want to talk about.. It's somewhat of a waste of effort on my part. All I ask of my readers is to try to observe the world around them, and make their own judgment, free of what their own culture in. And, for the love of God, if you think you've found something worthwhile, share it with the world!
On the note of my music, I've had a ton of intellectual and emotional inspiration for music. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that spring and summer have finally set themselves free, and it's warm and green around her again. Maybe it has something to do with the generally cheerful attitude of the people in my hometown, and small realizations that I have wonderful friends, a loving family and an amazing girlfriend. Then again, it might just be a random creative spell. Whatever works, I guess. Anyways, this would be way better than it is, except that I've had a lot of trouble finding the motivation to pick up my guitar and a notebook and actually figure out something beautiful... oh well, to be fair I have been very busy, and I've been trying to come up with something that reflects myself. Perhaps before too long my latest work will be ready to be unveiled. If so, I'll be sure to post it up here.
Speaking more of music (but not my own) I've discovered a few very unique and talented artists over the past few months. I'm only going to write about one of these groups, for the idea of this being a post about me, and not other bands. The band I want to talk about a little bit would be The Most Serene Republic. This seven-man group has been pretty big on the Canadian indie scene ever since the release of their first EP with A.&C.. Anyways, my discovery of their third album "Population" has definitely revolutionized the way that I look at music and what is capable of musicians. If anyone who is into Canadian indies, or wants to have their views changed up is reading this I strongly suggest you check out this album.
Right now my school is in the middle of finals, which is (as we all know) somewhat of a stressful experience. I chose to not let the stress get to me, but for the last few days that struggle has been becoming harder and harder, due to my own worrying about my grades, and my new job with the RCMP (which I can't elaborate much on). Anyways, this stress has been having somewhat of a noticeable effect on the people around me. Many of my friends and peers have been somewhat irritable lately, and mood swings seem to run rampant in the minds of the people around me... either way, it doesn't matter. Final are over on Wednesday, then I've got nothing at all to worry about.
Well... I feel like there's more that I want to write, but I don't know what to say. I suppose I'll just do another post if anything else really comes to me. The plan that I have for the duration of the summer is that I'm going to try to keep a journal again. If I actually do succeed in this, then I'll try to update this blog more regularly. Perhaps once a week or so. I mean, I have a lot to say, so why not say it?

I can't help it if I think it's funny when you're mad
Tryin' hard not to smile when I feel bad
I'm the kinda guy who laughs at a funeral
Can't understand what I mean? You soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of taking off my shirt

-Chris

P.S. To that one person: I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, and I understand that this little tidbit of information is hardly an adequate reply to your plea, but right now it's the best I can do. After finals I'll have the time to write more, but for now, I'm starved for time. This being know, please be certain that I want the same thing that you do, and I miss it just as badly as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment