Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Bends

That last post was bad, and I apologize to whoever read it, and I thank those of you who did read it and are still for coming back for more.
I'm going to keep this post much briefer than the last, because I'm running on very few hours of sleep, and it's getting pretty late.
Well, I found out about an interesting deal an acquaintance of mine has with her father: If she doesn't kiss a boy until her 19th birthday (she's currently 16), he will reward her a sum of $10,000. To be frank, I think this is puerile. The way I see it, a father is bribing his daughter because he's scared of what she might do, and this isn't something one can put a price tag on. To me, it feels like he's robbing her of one of the greatest parts of being young; romance and unmitigated passion. To know that feeling for even a single instant is worth more than all of the wealth in the world, and this poor girl is being cheated of it. I suppose I shouldn't be so upset with this, but... ugh, I don't know why I feel so strongly on this matter. I just do. I mean... speaking strictly logically, a single kiss means nothing, it's just a matter of feeling. Of sharing. Of the sweet seduction of a summers night, and knowing that being held in that certain someones arms, you're not alone.
Anyways, that's all I've got to say. I'd appreciate any comments concerning other people's thoughts on the matter

You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on your back is the latest trend
I don't see what anyone could see in anyone else
But you

No comments:

Post a Comment