Sunday, December 14, 2008

How far we've come

Say what? Two posts one week? My God Chris, are you ill? Mad?
The (technical) correct answer to this question is yes, as I am slightly unwell with an annoying head cold, and the madness is... well, quite eminent.
The reason for me doing multiple posts in a single week though, is this: Lately I've been putting thought towards my journal I abandoned only after I started "My Song", and it's kind of sad entry-wise. Most of my journal entries were kind of vain and pointless, but that aside, I did one most every night, and I can read back on those, and tell quite clearly my own tale. In comparison, however, the blog gets only one post every week or so. Anyways, what to take from my little monologue is the fact that I'm going to try to do more entries. At least two a week, but... egh, maybe not, we'll have to see, I suppose.
Well, winter is most definitely upon us here in the frigged northern-regions. The days have become shorter, and the nights contrast this recent anti-growth. However, unlike the darkness's undeniable spreading, it hasn't reached me (at least, not yet.) I've been oddly happy for the last few weeks (minus, of course for a handful of incidents, but let us not reflect upon those too much.) It's been very strange for me to have a positive outlook on everything, and to have a contented existence, rather than constantly desiring more then what life actually has to offer.
Pulling a 180 degree spin on my current thought train, my parents recently had over for dinner the new band director of the Magrath high school, Sam Yamamoto. He has a tendency to be a little "hardcore" from time to time in his teaching methods, and has a few odd tendencies, and is a bit on the odd side, but overall, he is a really nice guy. Anyways, he was over for dinner, and rather then being all awkward and uncomfortable as I expected it to be, I actually had a good time. It was decidedly pleasant to just talk to him as some guy rather than a teacher... at risk of him ever hearing of this, I'm kinda hoping it'll happen again.
Strange how things happen isn't it? For example, whenever I'm doing a post, I always think it's just going to be a quick dip into the sea of the catacombs of my mind, but usually I wind up putting up way more then I originally intend to. If you really do put thought to it though, is that not how most things happen? All the way from falling in love with a magnificent girl you met on a bus, to starting some sort of global enterprise, and owning a quarter of the Earth, to the bad end of the spectrum, like unplanned parenthood, or suicide, or gradually, but surely changing what you are, from all of the things that you once believed in, to being an entirely different creature, having your own morals twisted against you. Maybe I'm off by a bit, or completely wrong altogether, but I can't help but feel that there's a truth to my own words (wow. If that doesn't sound cocky, I don't know what does.) Either way, it's just one odd boy's observations, as my own words are not set in stone, and everything I write is completely open to observation
Okay, goodnight (or morning), and may truth and beauty always be your guides.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world

-Chris

1 comment:

  1. wow chris your 100% right. your posts always inspire in some way and I always feel better about mylife after every post I read. I hope that you also feel the same about you.

    ReplyDelete